Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bottling Time

Each day the passage of time is marked by how quickly my kids change and grow.  Each second is precious (okay not all of them) and yet they are gone in an instant.  Here I hope to capture moments and ensure that they become memories before they slip away.  This blog will be my bottle and my posts will be time.  I'm hoping this will help me be more present in each minute with my children.  Sometimes I will be sappy and sentimental about the joys of mommydom. And other times I will rant and complain about how freaking hard it is.  Being a mother is one of the toughest and yet most rewarding experiences I have ever had and probably will ever have.  Zoey, now 3-1/2 years old and Hunter, now 10 months, are my heart.  I want to remember as much as I can about the funny things they say and do.  I want to remember my accomplishments and failures on this journey of parenthood as I learn along the way. 

I wrote a poem for Zoey before she was born.  I will include a bit of it here as it sums up how I feel about being a mom. 

Soon, you will be here with me, in my arms,
breathing on your own and no longer living
through me.  I look forward to your first cry,
first smile, first steps and your first words
with both joy and sadness as you becoming you,
will take you a little further away from me.
You will be part of the world and not mine alone......

It is with great might that I will always love you
and it is with great strength that someday, in both
small and big ways, I will have to let you,
my little baby, my sweet daughter, my heart, go.

Stay tuned as I begin bottling time...

Hunter and Zoey
Mother's Day 2012




1 comment: